Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Allen Kelly, Barking Moonbat

Allen C. Kelly.

I never met the man. Infact, we didn't exchange links, email, or other pleasantries. In a manner of speaking, I didn't know the man at all.

And yet, every day or so when I checked my Google Reader, I ALWAYS checked Barking Moonbat for updates. The Skipper always brought a smile to my face and lightened up my day. I am going to miss that.

I don't know how to explain my sense of loss. In a way it is like losing a favorite author, but it's also more than that. You read a book and it touches you, but you don't have a daily connection to the author. Through his blog, Allen reached out to a world-wide audience and connected with us sometimes several times a day. Everytime I checked my daily feeds this week there was something missing. I don't want to dwell on this, but I did want to share my thoughts on a great man who touched my life. Skipper, this one is for you!

No comments: